I am a woodturning artisan who lives in the Sonoran Desert. I create functional and decorative Sonoran Desert wood art
for your desk
- Fountain pens from wood and stone
- Ballpoint pens from wood and stone
- Business card holders
- Mechanical pencils
- Paper clip holders
for your kitchen
- Garlic keepers from laminated wood
- Solid wood Salt cellars
- Lidded wooden vessels for spices
- Wooden Platters, small and large
for your eyes.
- Unique decorative wooden art that grab you by the eyeballs
- Natural edge wood bowls
- Hollowed wood vessels
- Lidded vessels
I use primarily woods I collect in the Sonoran Desert
- Desert ironwood (my favorite)
- Palo verde
- Palo brea
- Sweet acacia
- Cats claw acacia
- Cholla skeleton
- Australian imports: acacias and eucalyptus
I collect most of my own wood that is blown down after a winter storm or dead trees. This is all wood that would otherwise have ended up in a landfill. By recycling these woods I am giving these trees new life as works of art.
Welcome! You are visitor number
All the photographs of this site are the exclusive property of Richard Altenhofen LLC.
All reproductions are strictly prohibited without the consent of the author © Richard Altenhofen 2012.
This site was conceived and realized by Richard Altenhofen, Sonoran Desert Woodturner.